The Quit for You – Quit for Two app offers you support and encouragement if you’re pregnant, or planning to become pregnant, and want to quit smoking.
- take your mind off the cravings with fun exercises and games to keep your hands busy
- distract you when you feel the urge to light up, with practical quit tips and advice
- inspire you to keep going, with amazing facts about your baby’s development
- give you ideas on what you could buy with the money you’re saving
The app is easily customised. You can:
- get daily reminders and word of encouragement
- enter your quit date
- get automatic messages to let you know how your baby’s growing
Can I use nicotine replacement therapy (NRT) during my pregnancy and while breastfeeding?
If I am already three months pregnant, is it still worth quitting?
Is it OK to cut down, rather than quit?
If smoking relaxes me, isn’t this good for my baby?
To get the answers read this Smoking in pregnancy Fact Sheet
This short animation dispels some of the myths about smoking and quitting when pregnant.
This video covers behavioural strategies and Nicotine Replacement Therapy (NRT) to support pregnant mothers in their quit journey.